This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.

Sick Certificates



If you have been absent from work because of illness you should obtain self-certification form, from your employer, DSS or from the surgery. 


You are not entitled to a MED 3 (NHS certificate) until your illness has caused you to be absent for seven days or more. 


Upon assessment via GP, if a sick certificate is issued, the maximum period will be one month only.  After this time you will have to be re assessed.

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website